DIGITAL SCANNING AND PRINTING
The development and incorporation of digital technology in the field of orthodontics has brought about new diagnostic and treatment methods that are more efficient and effective. Digital orthodontics streamlines workflow by reducing chair-time, improves patient satisfaction and comfort, and vastly increases the accuracy and fit of appliances, all the while reducing costs. With 3D imaging, orthodontists can scan their patient’s mouth with an intraoral scanner, eliminating the need for traditional impressions. With this scan, Olympic can print a digital model from which we can make virtually any appliance off of.
Our regular turn-around time of 48-hours applies to printed models with appliances.
HOW CAN DIGITAL PRINTING BENEFIT YOUR OFFICE?
- Eliminate one chair-time appointment.
- No impressions. Any appliance can be made on printed models.
- Instead of using a retainer, a 3D night guard can provide better retention and protect teeth.
- Send us a scan and we will send back a virtual study model.
- Your old plaster study models can be converted into digital files, allowing you to free up storage space.
- We will deliver your case back to you. If you are not in our delivery area, we will send it via US mail or UPS at no charge to you.
BECOME AN IMPRESSIONLESS OFFICE!
Olympic has been providing digital printing, virtual study models, and alignment of arches for our orthodontists for the last two years with great success. And it has now become affordable to become an impressionless office.
- Olympic can produce almost any appliance off of just about any intraoral scanner, impression or model.
- Olympic has two digital printers.
- In the near future, invisible retainers and night guards will be printed without the need for models. (Pending FDA approval)
- With our laser welder, we can produce most soldered appliances on a printed model.
- When you decide to go digital, Olympic can work with almost all intraoral scanners and can help in directing your scans to us. (We are an iTero connectivity lab and can have our lab added to your dropdown menu, so that you can send directly from your intraoral scanner.)
STUDY CLUB MEETINGS
- Digital Study Models
- Digital Archiving
- Digital Bracket Removal and Debonding
- Digital Indirect Bonding
- Digital Appliances
Create digital study models from intraoral scans, old plaster models, as well as, impressions.
- Digital files sent to you through a secure, HIPPA compliant portal.
- Easy access to files.
- Files can easily be printed at any time.
- Faster turn-around. 3-5 days.
Create a virtual archive.
Convert your existing plaster study models into digital files.
- Eliminate valuable storage space and save money.
- We will send your files saved on a USB drive.
- Easy access to files.
Have a patient’s appliance ready on the day of debonding.
Allows the doctor to scan with the braces still on (for the best results remove the arch wire). Send the scan to the lab, and we can digitally erase the brackets, print the finished model, and create an appliance.
- Less risk of relapse between appointments.
- Eliminate one chair-side appointment.
Let us do the bonding for you.
Using the Ortho System, Olympic can digitally place the brackets and print transfer trays, eliminating the need for a model and vacuum press.
- Those offices with the Trios intraoral scanner can effortlessly share data with the lab using 3Shape Communicate. Offices with other intraoral scanners can still communicate by sharing files through HighTail.
- 3Shape’s software uses up-to-date bracket libraries.
3D printed appliances coming soon. Pending FDA approval.
View your digital study models by downloading 3Shape’s free software, OrthoViewer. This software allows you to measure, evaluate, and plan for treatment.